[Diabetes-talk] [SPAM] Re: cholesterol levels

Tamera fidano at verizon.net
Wed May 20 20:40:19 UTC 2009

I Read the original  message and I took it she was concerned about the HDL
levels  getting too low, and  I know enough folks taking  statins who do
have to make some adjustments because you absolutely do not want your HDL
too low.  Most folks seem to comprehend pretty well  about lowering ldl, and
the higher the HDL  the better in simple terms... but  with all the  pharma
pushing their statins, many miss  the fact  too low HDL is a problem.
 I have  Pharma clients who  have disclosed the benies offered to MD's to
push their drugs, and I have another  nurse client with Kaiser who  said
that Kaiser  offers bonuses to their MD's who put all diabetics over age 40
on statins.. so the truth in benefits of these meds gets muddled.