[Diabetes-talk] Pancreas and Islet Transplantation

Sally Maguire 1.sally at comcast.net
Sat Sep 12 02:40:37 UTC 2009

Thank you Ed for giving the location of the article.  I remember reading it years ago.  Islet transplantation is done basically the same.  As the article mentions, immune suppressants have changed and the transplanted cells are lasting longer.  The immune suppressants they used for me do not harm the kidneys, which is the reason I had the transplant now and not 5 or 10 years ago as I  was hoping to do.

Thanks,
Sally