[Diabetes-talk] new person stuff

Vincent Chaney vgc732 at optonline.net
Mon Sep 14 15:40:20 UTC 2009

Hi Paul,

Best of luck at your up coming anniversary.
I have found that when my battery is getting low the meter has slowed down.
The number of readings does not seam to matter as I test myself 7 to 10
times a day as an "Insulin Pumper". The weird thing is when the meter passes
about 392 in number of tests in the memory, the average 90 result gives you
a bogus less than 20 blood sugar level. Besides my interest and fascination
with diabetes, biology and the sciences, I'm very techy and have tested my
theory by dumping my results and found the erroneous blood sugar level on
the 90 day to always be off after the 392 or 393 count.
But to reiterate the answer to your question, the number of tests in memory
is not the reason for the slowdown. Just be ready with the battery as my
machines just suddenly say change battery now without any low battery lead
or prep time. I also believe the memory actually holds 450, unless the
changes in the machines over the last year have lowered the number of tests
in memory.

Good luck...

Vinny
Vincent Chaney, NFB Diabetes Action Network (DAN) Board
NFBNJ Diabetes Division President
NJAGDU Committee Co-chair Lead