[Diabetes-talk] Guidance on talking glucose monitor

Rhonda Coe coe at impactcil.org
Thu Apr 1 13:05:25 UTC 2010

Patty
Good Day to you.  So your borderline?  Well that is kinda like being
sorta pregnant. Only difference is some can control it by diet and maybe
oral medication and others need insulin.  The prodigy is a great meter.
My husband is totally blind and uses it with ease.  I myself see well
enough to be dangerous and teach people how to use it all the time.  One
thing to know is that purchasing your strips from a pharmacy is
expensive even with insurance.  However, if you purchase them direct
from MaxiAids.com you don't need a script and they are only $16.99 a box
of 50.  Personally we are money ahead buying several boxes at a time.
Just a little info.
Rhonda