[Diabetes-talk] good description

Grant E. Metcalf thegems at dslextreme.com
Thu Apr 8 19:16:33 UTC 2010

Hello list,

Thanks Bern for the best description of the Solo V2 so far.

As for understanding speech, I also have problems at times distinguishing between numbers from 13 to 19 and 30 to 90. As we old-timers begin to lose hearing, these numbers are harder to distinguish. I sometimes wish they would say something like 1-3-0 or 1-5-0 for 130 and 150. then 113 and 130 and 115 and 150 would not leave me guessing or trying to find my sighted wife who can't understand them either.
Of course, having the meter able to repeat or review the numbers audibly would be of some help. I suppose learning how to  upload to my desktop might offer another solution, but not as convenient as lazy-boy would like.

Grant E. Metcalf
Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Inc.
P.O. Box 572
South San Francisco, CA 94083-0572