[Diabetes-talk] talking insulin pump remote: Pump Mate

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Apr 10 14:59:27 UTC 2010

Debbie:

I'll be the first to say diabetes "SUCKS!" But, we're stuck with it and have
to do our best to live with it and manage it.  I'd love a cure to come along
and rid me of the disease that took my eyesight and was the cause of a
brothers death.  I think most all of us on the list would like a cure, but
its just not in the cards right now so we all have to deal with the disease
and its complications and frustrations.

I don't believe there will be a cure, there's too much money in the business
of treating diabetes rather than curing it. I know it can be very stressful,
try to hang tough and not give up on living a life to the best and fullest
you can even with all the crappy parts of diabetes.

Lacking a cure, we still need ways as blind/visually impaired diabetics to
help us manage our control.

Eileen