[Diabetes-talk] talking insulin pump remote: Pump Mate

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Apr 10 16:08:19 UTC 2010

Yes, I believe that to.  And let's not forget heart disease.  All these
"big" diseases that get lots of publicity and do fund-raising orgs take in
hundreds of millions of dollars.  If we start looking at the doctor's,
hospitals, drug companies, testing facilities they are all multibillion
dollar businesses.  If cures were found they would all go pretty much under
and the country would have a huge economic problem.  Yes, on this I am very
synical, but that's my personal belief.

If we go back to the time when insulin was first discovered, it was done by
what we would now probably consider very "primitive" conditions.  Yet, it
was discovered and purified enough to start treatments.  The folks who
discovered it were not given millions/billions of research dollars in the
most modern, sophisticated labs, yet they did it because I believe it was in
their hearts and they had the drive to get to it.  Today, I do think its all
about the green back and if a few of us drop dead hear and there, well then
no biggy.  Again, only my own personal belief and I know others will
disagree with me.

Eileen