[Diabetes-talk] getting shoes

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Wed Apr 14 22:59:26 UTC 2010

Hello,
I called a new place today to get diabetic shoes.
The gentleman shared if I didn't have more wrong with my feet, I
couldn't get diabetic shoes.
so if I have noropathy in my feet then I couldn't get shoes.
I have no sores on my feet praise the Lord.
I laughed sharing I have never heard of this before.
Sharing what the problems are with my shoes now to short.
so then he says, well I can have you buy shoes from here if you can't
wear the diabetic ones.
My reply was that is OK,
if I can't get what the doctor asked, I will still shop at a store.
Easier for me to get to one than to go here all of the time.
I called the doctors office rite away who said,
When your feet burn as you are walking, and your toes start to hurt,
you are getting the signs of noropathy.
then I asked what do I need to make sure of how much money I need to
get started,
reply
Oh we don't know we just fit you and then send you the bill.
Not, this isn't going to happen to me.
I shared this with the doctor.
I shared being on a fixed income I needed to know exactly what I had to pay.
the cost of inserts is $70 this is just unreal price,
I feel way out of line.
I am told that they measure your feet and make the supports for your
shoes so toes don't rub or anything.
Just very interesting.
the nurse was very kind to me saying at least go, then decide if you
can afford what they want to do.
this is $70 for each pair of inserts.
That Medicare pays for them.
I shared that I had to come up with helping them out, where if I didn't
know how much above board, how on earth would they let me take all home?
Truly interesting to me.
the folks are kind, but I stand up for what is happening.
I so don't want to be in a spot where I don't have the money to pay.

skype: dmgina23
  FB: dmgina
www.twitter.com/dmgina