[Diabetes-talk] Grab Milk instead of orange juice for low blood sugar

Debbie Fredericks catdancing at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 15 13:38:20 UTC 2010

i agree with that.
Debbie

________________________________
From: cheryl echevarria <cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com>
To: Diabetes Talk for the Blind <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Wed, April 14, 2010 4:29:32 PM
Subject: [Diabetes-talk] Grab Milk instead of orange juice for low blood sugar

I have been told for years by my endocrinologist that when my sugars drop in
the middle of the night, because I get bad shakes, to grab milk instead of
orange juice or candy, because it doesn't spike the blood sugars so your
sugars are not bouncing up and down all night, it might take a few minutes
longer to feel better, but you will not go from 50 to 200 in less then an
hour, it will even your sugars because it has enough carbs and not a whole
lot of sugar.

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant
C10-10646