[Diabetes-talk] Finally

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 20:13:18 UTC 2010

I am finally off the steroids for my asthma.  I am finally back to my
original dosage of Lantis, too.  Man 5 months straight on this stuff really  is
lousy for the body, diabetes and God knows what else it can do to you.

It put 25 pounds on this body in less then 6 weeks.  I now am actually
seeing blood sugars in the 100's more constantly.  Sleeping has not
straightened  out yet.  As on the steroids you are wired and stay up  and sometimes
don't sleep at all.  Now my dh is saying I am sleeping to  much.  I can't get
up in the morning at all.  I have at least stopped  the afternoon naps that
have been going on for almost 2 weeks now.

The blood sugars were the worst when I was in the hospital for a week and
under the professional care.  They would not give me coverage with the
short acting and count carbs.  They even cut my Lantis in half and that  drove
blood sugars up over 500 to 600.

Let me advise all of you that when picking out your doctors make sure all
of them go to one hospital.  My internist goes to one hospital along with
the pulmonary doc, but my endocrinologist goes to another one in the same
town.

Joyce