[Diabetes-talk] kudos to Prodigy and Count-A-Dose

Grant E. Metcalf thegems at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 2 18:20:31 UTC 2010

After six days using the Count-A-Dose, I am very pleased that Prodigy is making this device available again. It is easy to use and a real money saver compared to the flex pens. When I showed it to my diabetes nurse adviser, Diane, she seemed absolutely delighted to see it demonstrated. Of course, I learned how to use it from the instructions on the CD included with the unit and suggestions for a few minor improvements in the wording having been forwarded.

Here's hoping that those medical insurance and health providers who are not presently allowing for the underwriting of the cost of a Count-A-Dose will soon do so as it will save their clients and them money both in the short term as well as the long.

Born on the 4th of July and now more independent than ever!

Grant E. Metcalf
Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Inc.
Email:  thegems at dslextreme.com
Phone:  650-589-6890