[Diabetes-talk] another possibly stupid question!!!

Vincent Chaney vgc732 at optonline.net
Thu Dec 16 04:16:16 UTC 2010

Paul and Mike,

As an Insulin Pumper, we work on a point known as insulin sensitivity. A
large number of persons using the pump have a factor of 75 which means for
every one unit of insulin we would lower or raise our sugar levels by a 75
mg/dl level. The reverse can be calculated when consuming carbohydrates.
With Paul's intake of one half (6) crackers, the carb intake would be 12.9
grams. I, as a Type I Diabetic, would elevate my sugar level by 81 mg/dl.
Paul and everyone else, I hope this gives another prospective of what
happens when we eat things. This also applies to additional proteins beyond
our normal daily intake, though at a slower rate of time to elevate.

Vinny
Vincent Chaney Jr
NFB Diabetes Action Network (DAN) Board of Directors
NFBNJ Diabetes Division President
NJAGDU (NFBNJ Association of Guide Dog Users) Division President
NFBNJ Technology Division Vice President
NFBNJ Resolutions Committee Member
NFBNJ.ORG Webmaster
Mail: vgc732 at optonline.net