[Diabetes-talk] i'M FISHING FOR ADVICE, AND/OR INFORMATION

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Feb 14 18:15:58 UTC 2010

Verily, Joy speaks truth. Almost everyone I know who has switched from oral
meds to insulins says s/he feels so much better that s/he doesn't know why
s/he resisted so long. Although I am technically not Type 2, this was my
experience also when I switched from mixed regular and nph insulin to
rapid-acting plus lantus at night (my body was changing on me and what
worked once no longer worked).

Insulin pens make it very easy to adjust one's dose (each click is a unit or
half-unit of insulin, depending upon the type of pen you're using). So
blindness absolutely need not be a barrier to using insulin and good
control.

Mike Freeman