[Diabetes-talk] Hello Everyone

Renee Pavlus psychmom3 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 19:45:33 UTC 2010

My name is Renee Pavlus.  I live in Utah, and have been recently diagnosed with having type two diabetes...I am fifty-five, and to be honest it is in my family on my mother's  side, mostly due to weight gain...I am not on any meds, and am trying to work with diet.  Its been almost two
 years since I was told that I have to watch things.  Being at the beginning I was told that I could due little things so that the illness  won't get worse, for now, eating is the issue.  Any suggestions?  I am trying to stay off the soda, I like pepsi, and probably eat too many carbs...I have a very dear friend who has been waiting for a kidney for seven years...I see how the disease has effected her, and how her life is altered.   I wasn't able to go to convention this year, but will be there next year if my finances improve...the last blog mentioned about getting out in the community and speaking to groups, perhaps I can due some out reach, although I am so new at this that I don't feel knowledgeable yet.  For me, blindness was not caused by diabetes, I was one of those premature babies of the 1950's, and RLf, or ROP is the cause.  It will be good to connect with other people.  I am thinking of having non invasive lap band surgery in the near future, has anyone experienced the Lap Band...I don't care about appearance, just weight control...Thanks  Renee  Does any one use facebook, my address is Renee Radicioni Pavlus, and my email is psychmom3 at gmail.com