[Diabetes-talk] Solo V2

Albert Sanchez albertsanchez at suddenlink.net
Wed Mar 24 19:50:53 UTC 2010

Hello to all,

I don't often post to this list but having just completed a phone
conversation with Tammy regarding the new Solo V2 talking glucometer I
decided to share with you part of our conversation. After answering many of
my questions about this new meter I asked about the registeration process. I
commented that it should be easy to register online, and that many of us
will be happy to do it that way. My question was: "Will we need to input the
meters' serial number into the fill-out form, if so, does the meter have a
method by which the user can get that serial number read audibally from the
meter with a push of a button?" I explained that since many of us (including
myself) are totally blind and do not have immediate access to sighted
assistance that this feature would add to the accessability of the meter.
Tammy indicated that at present the serial number feature, as I described
it, is not available. She further told me that she would bring this
suggestion to the meter people. So, here's where you list members come in:
What do you think? Would you find this feature helpful?

Yours cordially,
Albert Sanchez
Al's Piano Tuning & Repair
215 John Avenue