[Diabetes-talk] Solo V2 Announcement

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Mar 27 17:29:11 UTC 2010

Arm readings aren't as accurate as fingersticks in the sense that the blood
one gets from fingersticks has a glucose concentration more reflective of
that throughout your body if your glucose level is changing rapidly.

I have never known a blind person to successfully use alternat-site testing
such as on the arm consistently in that the very thing that people like
about alternate-site testing -- no pain -- is precisely why blind persons
have trouble finding where they poked themselves. I'm not saying it isn't
possible but I've never known a blind person who was able to consistently
get good blood samples using alternate-site testing.

Mike Freeman