[Diabetes-talk] Fw: information about blindness and diabetis

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Mar 30 13:30:21 UTC 2010

Mike,

I think you're correct.  I learned Braille back when I first went blind.  I
learned it in approx 5 months and did not require jumbo braille or anything
special to learn.  However, I did not and still -- thank you God -- do not
have any issues with poor sensativity or neuropathy in my fingers.  I could
not have done as well with my blindness or life if I had not learned Braille
or if I had a nincompoop instructor telling me I didn't need Braille or
could not  learn it because I was a diabetic!

It has prooved to be a vital part of my education, work & life in general!
Assess the diabetic and then go from there ... Don't assume the person can't
learn it simply because they are a diabetic.  You know what happens when you
Ass U Me??

Eileen