[Diabetes-talk] question

Debbie Fredericks catdancing at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 31 23:24:47 UTC 2010

she asked me to send her my blood sugars (which i did for a week) and said not to worry about it a week of high blood sugars wouldn't hurt anything. but i never heard from her so i am taking just enough insulin in the middle of the night to lower the blood sugars. To be honest this doc scares me.
I do take lantus and novolog. At 2a.m. the blood sugar varies sometimes it's over 300 other times it's 160. i happen to know one unit of insulin lowers my blood sugar 40 points but because i also take 22 lantus a day i calculate an approximate of how much insulin i need.i guess i could raise the lantus but once again that doctor told me to lower the lantus to 16 i did not do that this woman scares me.
i usually have a glass of milk and a graham cracker for a snack at night.
Debbie
Debbie