[Diabetes-talk] Question...

The Jacobs Family bandbjacobs at verizon.net
Mon May 10 22:34:33 UTC 2010

Hey Gang:

Got my results today--6.2 Hemoblobin A1C.  However, Doctor Strain is concerned about one thing--"significant" hypothyroidism!  He wants to check me again in two weeks to see if it was a fluke or if there's really an ongoing problem.  He's concerned though, that if the levels haven't changed in two weeks, I need to be treated farely quickly and aggressively.  He also said that this is a farely common problem with diabetic patients and is thinking about Cynthroid.  When I asked him about side affects, he said there was a pretty broad range from: constipation, to fatigue, to weight-gain?  I said, "no, we dont need that."  Anyway, I'm needing to get some feedback?  Does anyone else share this dilemma?

Bern