[Diabetes-talk] Question...

Tamera fidano at comcast.net
Tue May 11 13:35:07 UTC 2010

I've been treated for hypothyroidism for many years and understand it does
seem to go hand in hand with type 1 or 2 diabetes.
 I've never noted any side affects from taking synthroid, but  from my
understanding its best to start off on generic as many who take  the name
brand synthroid often cannot go to generic and this may cause  insurance
issues for you down the road.  The census on this goes back and forth but
for most people I know, once taking the name brand  and being told they have
to go to generic they often  end up with  a battle and finding they  have to
have the name brand.... just FYI
 The  side affects you note are those associate with hypothyroidism, not
taking the synthroid. often fatigue, weight gain, loss of hair skin changes,
typically feeling cold all go with having  hypothyroid.
 Tamera