[Diabetes-talk] question?

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Tue Apr 5 17:15:16 UTC 2011

Debbie, I wore the OmniPod for three days as a trial two years ago.
The rep and I figured out exactly where a speech chip would go inside
the remote too. So without knowing what may have changed in two
years, here's my impression. No tubing is certainly nice. I found the
pods to be kind of big though. They do stick out pretty far and it's
easy to smack them into things if you wear them on your hip or
something. I also found them a bit fussy as far as alarming. By that
I mean, I got alarms when it would lose track of the remote. You get
an alarm when it times out. You get an alarm when it wants to be
petted. <laughing!> I just found that quite a few of these alarms
really were dependent on being able to read the screen to see what
they said. But boy the buttons on the remote are nice. And if you get
goofed up in the menus, there's a home button so you can at least
always get back to a known point. Filling the pod was a bit messy,
but I didn't have a long time to invent adaptations. I also didn't
like the fact that when it calculated insulin on board, it didn't
include any meal boluses still in your system. But I like the concept
and hope they fix or have fixed some of those things.
Oh yeah, for any of you who may be wondering, the OmniPod is an
insulin pump. <grin.>
So my conclusion, it really needs speech. Hope this helps.
Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407