[Diabetes-talk] insulin pump for the blind

Jessica Jones jessikajonz at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 5 17:24:45 UTC 2011

hey y'all,
i am a new memberr to this list. my name is jessica jones. sheryl, i think i know you from the gdf post.
i am a juvinile diabetic. 34 years and counting.  i am blind and very interested in my options for an insulin pump. of course, i have researched the prodigy iq, which is not available and the pump mate which is also not available. i am single, work, have no home health attendant. so how do i go about using a pump? can i with no help, independantly? anyone who has any advice, please respond and let me know what your thoughts are.
thanks in advance,

Jessica Jones
Art Instructor
The Lavelle School for the Blind