[Diabetes-talk] solo meter

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Apr 5 20:29:28 UTC 2011

Tamera:

Your comments are right on target!  I consider myself a person with
reasonable intelligence, not a genius like some, and neither do I have great
trouble with most devices & technology, but I did have a great deal of
frustration using the Prodegy.  The frustration came from having to run
consecutive/multiple tests to double check results I questioned.  Getting
home results that were not in line with what my A1C's were showing and being
upset not being able to put my finger on where I was going wrong in my
diabetic management.  It was not stupid me, but it was a meter that was
giving wrong results, & no indications of insufficient blood samples.

I'm glad there is at least one other choice in glucose meters.  And like I
mentioned before, while the Solo has access issues that I very much hope the
manufacturer will get on the ball and fix, I am confident when I get a
number back from the Solo meter and base an insulin dosage on those numbers.

Eileen