[Diabetes-talk] diabetes apps on the iphone

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Apr 15 20:05:59 UTC 2011

Julie:

Congrats on lowering your A1C.  You're not there yet (A1C under 7 or 6.5) but you're well on the way.  Your doctor is correct:  any appreciable decrease in A1C lowers your risk of a heart attack or other diabetic complications.

I strongly urge you to start keeping that file on your PacMate again; how else can you spot trends in your readings?  I realize this takes discipline and upon a lack of discipline many a diabetes ship has foundered.  But you can do it.

As for the iPhone, there's a definite learning curve.  You won't be a whiz in a day.  But I assure you it's quite possible.  Get Anna Dresner's and Dean Martineau's book "Getting Started with the iPhone" from National Braille Press.  It tells you everything you'll need to know to strip the mystery from i-devices.  I don't regret getting my iPhone.

Mike Freeman
sent from my iPhone