[Diabetes-talk] testing difficulty

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Sat Apr 16 03:08:10 UTC 2011

Interestingly enough, about two months ago, I had a really bad
rheumatoid arthritis flare and couldn't milk my fingers in the usual
way. I accidentally discovered that slightly changing the mechanics
of how I milked my finger improved the amount of blood I got out. It
was fun while it lasted. <grin.>
So, anyone here use your thumbs? I don't really know why I haven't,
but I'm beginning to think about it. But numb fingers would scare the
living daylights out of me. Even now, once in awhile my braille
printer will have a bad day and I find myself trying to chase down
someone who doesn't have diabetes so he or she can reassure me that
it's bad braille, not neuropathy or something. Sheesh! We humans can
sure drive ourselves crazy, can't we! <grin.>
But seriously, the one thing I really notice about having done this
testing business for a long time is that I've gotten more patient. I
can sit there and wait longer before moving to the strip. I can pull
my finger away from the strip, milk it again or even lance it again
without being quite so worried about time. I don't know. Somehow
three minutes lasts longer now than it did 23 years ago. Hahahaha!
But even if I don't get blood, I don't waste quite as many strips.
Now when I get really rich and famous and just have that full staff,
I can, oh wait! Then someone else would know my number, forget it!
I'm on my own! <laughing!>
Yep, same page all right.
Take care; talk to ya soon.

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407