[Diabetes-talk] testing difficulty

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Apr 16 02:50:08 UTC 2011

Veronica:

You are absolutely right.  All of us go through stages -- periods when it's
easy to get blood and periods when it isn't.  Actually, I have an additional
problem:  I have Raynaud's Syndrome which causes circulation in the hands to
be poor or to actually shut down -- I remember one period during the winter
of 2000-2001 when every two weeks my right thumb and index finger would
alternately go numb!  Didn't make for easy braille reading.

But I still say I'm better at it by far than when I started out; one
eventually kind of gets a feel for one's meter and strips -- how they act
and exactly what they like in terms of blood placement.

But we're on the same page!

Mike