[Diabetes-talk] Autocode Glucometer..

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 21:28:27 UTC 2011

Here's the real kicker. We figured out how to use it, including how to
set it, but first, to change the settings, it's accessible except for
setting the time and date, the speaking feature doesn't assist with
these two functions, which as we all know, is important info for
determining trends. Fortunately I write mine down right away, but
nonetheless. Ross was able to see well enough to set the time and date,
but it's so stupid to make a product that's not 100% accessible. Then,
the website isn't 100% accessible, and when we initially tried
downloading the software for the Autocode, it wasn't accessible. Go
figure. Create accessible products but no accessible way to access them
or learn about them! Smirk. We did find an instructional manual, and my
hubby converted it to a simple text file, and it's pretty
straightforward. I'm so sorry to all of you who have been blind as a
diabetic longer than me. I never thought about how frustrating it could
be to not have immediate access to info, or not be able to use a
product, or use all of it's functions. What a crazy world.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan