[Diabetes-talk] How often do Type II's Test?

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Sun Feb 6 23:02:17 UTC 2011

You're right, Cheryl! And frankly, in some ways I think I have it
easier being a type I. My guess is that some people think that since
most type II's just take a pill or two, there would be nothing to do
to respond to any given number on the meter. But of course,
information is definitely valuable even if the response isn't
immediate. The earlier we catch changing patterns, the better off we are.
I think the only time I ever sent an Email that was quite hot under
the keyboard was at some people who had gone to congress insisting
that funding for diabetes research only go towards a cure for type 1.
How could type II's know the anguish of having a disease impact
children? How could it compare? They brought a bunch of young
children to congress to help make their case. Everyone cried and it
was a big deal. This really really bothered me at the time. Any
person who must adjust how he or she lives each day has a lot to
figure out, losses to grieve and tough choices to make. Diseases or
chronic conditions shouldn't be competitions. Each group should be
taken seriously and treated with compassion and respect.
Each one of us deserves the best. So there! <grin.>
Take care, everyone!

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407