[Diabetes-talk] Help for vitamin C sources that don't hit your sugar so hard

Julie Kline julie.kline at rochester.rr.com
Wed Feb 9 01:14:07 UTC 2011

Good evening everyone,

It looks like I've been hit either with a really bad cold or the flu, and
yes, I did get a flu shot about 4 months ago.  But I have all the symptoms:
body aches, headache, temperature of around 102, scratchy throat and it also
hurts to swallow, plus the runny nose, congestion, and other cold symptoms,
etc.  It used to be when I had this or felt it coming on, that I'd drink
lots of orange juice or lemonade for the vitamin C.  Is there something else
I can use that won't hit my sugar so hard?  The crystal light drinks I use
now, while sugar-free, only have about 20% of your daily vitamin C
allowance, and being that it hurts to swallow, I'm really not sure what to
do.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks, I'm off to bed to try and get more rest.
Julie