[Diabetes-talk] tendonitis

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Wed Feb 9 22:46:59 UTC 2011

The thing about any of the advice tossed around here is that each of
us is different. Steroids have had their place and for me they have
been invaluable from time to time. Naturally, I must test a lot and
work to keep my diabetes under control by significantly increasing my
insulin. But any option we choose has risks and benefits which we
must weigh. Each of us should really explore all options and make the
best choices we can. It's really not our place to say to anyone,
never do this or that. Back in the mid nineties, for instance, one
single cortisone inujection put a complete end to a very annoying
trigger finger. It's never come back. That for me was way nicer than
surgery. <grin.> But that was me and that was then.
The main problem I have dealing with all of this stuff is getting
anyone to consider that sometimes there really is a cause for a
problem other than diabetes. Hello, let's see, gee doc, could you
take a look at my wrist which has been a mess since I fell? No, stop
talking about diabetes and frozen shoulder. Anyone can get an injury. Sheesh!
Bottom line, I really don't know what someone does who can't really
advocate for him or herself. Yikes!
But I am getting a bit tempted to check out a thai chi class around
here. Not a bad suggestion.

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407