[Diabetes-talk] Cooking question to make a recipe more diabetes friendly

Julie Kline julie.kline at rochester.rr.com
Sun Feb 20 06:11:49 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

For those of you who cook, I have a question.  I had these sample shrimp in
the grocery store that were outstanding, but the way they prepared it I'm
sure would shoot my carbs off the charts if I made it the way they did.  One
thing they used was basting oil.  Is there something that's a better or
healthier alternitive?  It wasn't greasy, but things always come out better
at the store than they do at home.  The other thing it had was breadcrumbs.
What are some good substitutes for breadcrumbs as I'm sure those probably
weren't any good, and that's one of those things I use frequently.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Julie