[Diabetes-talk] Responses to talking blood glucose meters and breakfasts

tom jlv810g at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 08:40:16 UTC 2011

You take care of you for us!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Freeman <k7uij at panix.com>
To: 'Diabetes Talk for the Blind' <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Sat, Jan 8, 2011 12:11 am
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-talk] Responses to talking blood glucose meters and breakfasts

Julie:
The Prodigy Voice should have come with an audio CD.  If it did not, call
elly Massaro at (704) 285-6425 and she'll fix you right up.
None of the accessible meters come with Braille instructions.  A year or two
go, Prodigy said it would make Braille instructions available in Braille on
 case-by-case basis.
The Solo V2 doesn't come with Braille or CD instructions, either, or at
east didn't but it may now have a CD.  It does have a computer-readable
anual on its website.
As I said, the problem for me with the Solo is that one doesn't get the
imes of memory readings.
As for strips, most of us get our strips from an outfit such as Advanced
iabetic Solutions or Advanced Diabetes Supply  Local pharmacies aren't
ften a viable option as they have sweetheart deals with particular meter
anufacturers.
No bayer meter is fully accessible insofar as I am aware.  Also, no CGMS
Continous Glucose Monitoring system) is currently accessible although this
ay change when Access Solutions brings out its PumpMate in conjunction with
edtronics.  With the PumpMate remote, one will be able to use Medtronics bg
eters.
If you send me your phone number at <k7uij at panix.com>, I will talk you
hrough the Prodigy Voice's functions.  Also, bear in mind that the Voice
ill work with Prodigy Autocode strips now and these are easier to come by.
HTH!
Mike