[Diabetes-talk] Good resource for blind diabetics

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 21:09:09 UTC 2011

Hello,

I don't post often to the list, but I have been meaning to do some
shameless self promotion!  *smile*

Back in October, the Omaha World Herald (Nebraska's big newspaper)
launched Live Well Nebraska, a website devoted to health and wellness.
I was hired to blog about diabetes and blindness.  This platform is
allowing me to reach the public as well as fellow blind people.  Even if
you are not from Nebraska, the website is a great resource, and I am
attempting to give a voice to diabetics and those who are blind alike.

My blog has a lot of traffic, but it is helpful for me and others when
others who are diabetic and/or blind respond, creating a diverse
dialogue.  Please check me out at livewellnebraska.com and look for
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter.  I have already discussed how diabetes can
be managed independently, to what it was like as a diabetic child, to my
most recent blog about the fears of low sugars.

Just go to http://www.livewellnebraska.com and look for the link Meet
the Bloggers, then click on my full name, Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter and
you can find all blogs, past and present, I have written so far.

Sincerely,
Bridgit P