[Diabetes-talk] Hello and question about finger pricking

Joy Stigile jstigile at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 16 05:29:46 UTC 2011

Dear Ronit,

Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Glad to hear from you.

My hints are when washing your hands before you prick your finger, use very
warm water.  Sometimes I run even warmer water over that finger for 40 or 60
seconds after I wash my hands.  Another hint is after warming your finger is
to "milk" your finger.  you gently squeeze your arm (start about halfway
between your elbow and wrist) and end up at the tip of the finger you have
decided to prick. I do this 3 times just after putting the strip in the
meter.    Another suggestion is to let the blood be pulled on to the strip
instead of smearing it on the strip.  I do this by putting my finger right
next to the edge of the strip and turn the finger so that the blood will run
on to the strip

If you have any other questions please feel free to call me at the NFBC
office number.  The phone number is
(877) 558-6524. I'll be one of the people answering it tomorrow.

Warmly, Joy Stigile