[Diabetes-talk] testing times and results

Grant E. Metcalf thegems at dslextreme.com
Thu Jan 20 21:20:41 UTC 2011

Greetings,

Recently my sugars have been much higher and I was wondering if it might be
due to the meter and so I was happy to read the various remarks over the
last couple of days about when to test and meter reliability. Well, I guess
it was the two month long holiday feasting that was most responsible and, of
course, I am a victim where such is concerned! That is the right view, isn't
it?

Happy to say, however, that when I started testing more frequently than once
in the morning and watching my diet more closely, along with an increase in
exercise this last week, the BG levels dropped down more to a level I like.
I guess that only goes to prove the often repeated here axiom that "We are
the ones most responsible and best suited for our own diabetes management."
I must say that when it comes to self-control, I am also glad that God is
there to help me!

Listening for His shout!

Grant Metcalf
Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Inc.