[Diabetes-talk] Hats off to Mike and Veronica!!!

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Thu Jan 20 22:40:38 UTC 2011

You know, anybody here remember more than ten years ago when the
first promises of non-invasive meters started coming out? The
companies were kind of stuck trying to figure out what people would
buy on a recurring basis in place of strips. <grin.> The argument
was, nobody will pay a big up-front cost for a meter. My answer is
still the same today. Wanta bet? Right now, given that testing is
still the cornerstone of good control by providing feedback and
information, if something came along that really improved my accuracy
and ability to comply, I'd find the money somehow! My hair stands up
when others decide what I'm willing to do and not willing to do. By
others I mean companies. <grin.> All we have to do is look at the hot
technologies of the past few years. Okay, jobs are scarce. Everyone's
broke. And how many iPads have been sold in the past couple of years?
If the product is good enough, then I'm valuable enough to get it.
<smile.> Companies won't know it matters if we stop telling them. So
who knows! Maybe my epitaph will read, she just wanted a better
meter! <laughing!> And then, nothing like a good fantasy, maybe I'll get one!
Cheers!

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407