[Diabetes-talk] Comments on two topics

Julie Kline julie.kline at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jul 15 00:43:13 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

First I'd like to say congratulations to Mike for being president for
another year.  Most of you don't know me, and because of a really tight and
demanding work schedule, I don't get to participate in many functions, but
I've learned a lot over the 8 months I was diagnosed with diabetes just by
reading your posts.  I appreciate the knowledge that you've shared and I've
gotten to pick up both by reading your posts and your being there to answer
questions I have asked of you.

Cheryl, I'm sorry to hear about your travel experience.  It's sad with all
the laws out there that are supposed to protect people that something like
this would happen.  I personally think we have lost a lot of our freedoms
over the last decade, especially for traveling, but I guess that's for
another topic.  Probably had I been in that situation, if I could have, I
might have went back to the ticket counter and demanded a full refund of my
ticket if they wouldn't have let you through.  Because of all the security
stuff and what they put people through, my husband refuses to fly, but I
don't know how practical it would be to have made that trip by train,
especially with a dog since trains don't stop very long at places.

Anyway just my thoughts for the evening.  Take care and have a good night.

Julie