[Diabetes-talk] questions about travel changes

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 18:58:03 UTC 2011

Thank you Paul:

I had asked him to post again to the list so that I can explain to everyone on this issue, and if anyone else would like to chime in, this will also help.

Whether it is a 3 hour time difference or longer, it doesn't go by the actual time it is when you arrive. I goes by how long you last ate and took you meds.

Let say example, I am in NY which I am and it is now 2:53pm, but in Washington State it is 11:54AM

you go by your own watch, of course you need to go by the actual time you have in Washington State, but if it is 2:53pm when you left and you haven't eaten since 12pm your own time meaning in the case scenario eastern time, and you eat every 3 hours, no matter what time it is when you arrive, test your blood, take your meds and then eat.

It should never go by the actual time of the place you are, but your own time.

That is why when I go away, or even when we go within our own time zone to keep track of what time we ate and take our meds.

I hope I haven't confused you even more.

plus I keep a watch with the time here in NY and have a watch of the time I am actually in.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.