[Diabetes-talk] New ways?

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 23:02:51 UTC 2011

Cheryl,

Sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting or anything.  My brother, who is
only 23, had a kidney transplant when he was 16 due to renal failure he
was born with, and he now is on dialysis since the kidney stopped
working a couple of years ago.  He was never asked to "prove" anything,
grant it these rules may not have applied yet back then, but the kidney
stopped working because my brother struggles with addiction, and not
that drug companies or insurance providers know this, but he still is
not required to present logs or other information on his part.  His
doctors might, but he doesn't.

And I get that a lot of people do not follow their prescription plans,
but my point is that isn't fair to those of us who do.  Whether it is
the money insurance providers pay, or the drug companies not wanting to
manufacture and ship meds that won't be used, or all the other reasons
people have listed here, if a doctor writes a script, that should be
"proof" enough, and if a patient does not follow their program, issue
should be taken up in the medical field instead of penalizing all
patients, or insisting we turn over medical information- whether a
patient is or is not taking their meds.  Instead of assuming we are all
under suspicion and penalizing the lot of us, it should be the other way
around and take cases on an individual basis regardless of the reasons.

I hope I didn't offend- that was not my intention at all.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog for Live Well Nebraska.com at