[Diabetes-talk] water

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Jun 17 16:34:53 UTC 2011

Usually, one works with one's diabetes doctor, diabetes nurse, certified diabetes educator and/or anyone else helping with one's diabetes management to determine the average carb intake per meal one should shoot for. This depends upon how physically active one is, one's size/body-type, one's food preferences and the kinds and amounts of diabetes medications one is taking. For example, if one is using rapid-acting insulin to cover mealtime carbs, one has a bit more leeway than one does if one is on a fixed dosage of insulin or oral meds. Obviously, this is all part science, part art.

Mike