[Diabetes-talk] medicare and test strips

Lynn Baillif lbaillif at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 20:38:28 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,
just want to add my two cents.  Probably 7 years ago, the endocrinology practice I worked for, required the medical assistant to download meters whenever someone came to visit the endo.  Part of the reason for this was to document the number of times per day folks were testing so the appropriate amount of strips were perscribed.  In the event that Medicare audited the practice, this information was needed.
Lynn