[Diabetes-talk] Talking Insulin pump is it out yet?

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Wed Mar 2 04:55:17 UTC 2011

Actually, I think if there is a feature to allow a person to choose
speech or not, then someone who may be somewhat in denial about the
onset of vision loss could turn on the speech when no one else was around.
And I'm getting tired of accepting the I don't matter speech. Hard to
believe I'm just about to hit my 20 year anniversary of being on an
insulin pump though. And you couldn't pay me enough to go off of it.
But it has bothered me when I see so many blind people not using most
of the pump's features. I've been fortunate to have someone who could
hang with me and figure out all of the counting through menus to
access some of the more interesting things my pump will do. This is
what a talking pump will really improve. And Dar, by control we don't
mean the same number all of the time. That doesn't even happen to
people without diabetes. By control we mean keeping the numbers in a
normal range more of the time, not so many highs or lows.
But there are aspects of the Prodigy IQ that do look attractive to
me, especially the lack of tubing. I'll be curious to see how it
compares with the OmniPod, which I wore for 5 days. And we figured
out right where a speech chip would go too. But filling the pod with
insulin was a bit entertaining if you didn't use much insulin over a
three-day period. Can't wait to see how Prodigy addresses this. In
the meantime, nobody's prying my Cozmo away from my body! <grin.>

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407