[Diabetes-talk] Talking Insulin pump is it out yet?

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Wed Mar 2 05:20:39 UTC 2011

Bridget and others, I've found that it's pretty easy to hear any air
bubbles when filling the cartridge. As you're pushing the plunger in,
just hold the thing near your ear and you'll get great info. <grin.>
In 20 years, nobody has ever filled any of my cartridges. It was a
bit trickier filling the little pod for the OmniPod though. There was
more effort involved in keeping all of the twiddly fiddly bits of
tape out of the way. I hope this part is more nicely designed on the
Prodigy. <grin.>
And like you Bridget, a cartridge also lasts me about a week. And one
day after having quite an argument with a really annoying
endocrinologist, I changed my basal pattern so that a new rate came
in on the half hour. I did it just to bother him. Funny thing was it
really worked for me too. Oh sometimes that little imp inside just
has to come out and play. Hahahahaha!
I'm just about to undertake another round of basal testing to see if
my levels are still correct. Right now my insulin to carb ratios are
one unit per 15 grams at breakfast and 1 unit per 10 grams later in the day.

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407