[Diabetes-talk] using the insulin pump

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:01:05 UTC 2011

My understanding has been that most type 2's can control things with
diet and/or oral medication.  Most type 2's do not require insulin, but
you are not the first I have heard say this.  I am no expert, but since
type 2's are still producing some level of natural insulin, and type 1's
do not produce insulin at all, this is of course why we are on insulin
from the start, maybe it is not as beneficial for type 2's to be on the
pump.

Not sure why type 2's using insulin are usually not elgible for the
pump.  Some one should ask their doctor about this.