[Diabetes-talk] wearing your pump

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:40:53 UTC 2011

first of all Lantus doesn't work that way, it is a slow working insulin, it is not like humolog or novolog which are fast acting, that is what you have to take it at night, and you have to work with you diabetic educator to see how much you should take, they usually start you out at a certain number, if at night I find myself low, I usually sweat and have the shakes, I usually keep juice or a piece of candy to take near my bed.

That is why it is so important to test before you to go to sleep.

I have been posting my experiences Dar.

I will let everyone know how I am doing with it.  So far I like it a lot.  I forget it is there half the time.  I slept with it last night, I usually wear pajama pants, so I just put it on my waist band of my pants and went to sleep, or I can put it on my end table right next to me which I am going to try tonight, the actual cord that attaches from the pump, to the device on my belly is pretty long enough that I am sure it will not fall on the floor. I don't toss and turn much.

Cheryl Echevarria
CD-10646
http://www.Echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
1-866-580-5574 or 631-456-5394