[Diabetes-talk] wearing your pump

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 18:10:09 UTC 2011

If your doctor prescribes insulin, I would follow their orders, and you
can watch trends that can be adjusted then.

Having had diabetes for over 25-years, my body is pretty intuned with
itself.  For years now, I have woke up during a low at night.  It has
been since I was a little kid that someone had to wake me up due to a
low.

I keep stuff on hand right by the bed-- juice, candy bars, glucose
tablets.  I also will wake my husband up if I am low during the night
especially if I feel it is too low to take care of on my own, although
for years I handled my lows on my own.

Work with your med staff for prevention and also what to do if you get
low during the night.