[Diabetes-talk] wearing your pump

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Wed Mar 2 22:34:53 UTC 2011

Wow! I have never gone away from wherever I am to operate my pump. I
wore my Disetronic pump in my bra. The buttons on that pump are
designed to be felt through clothing so it was easy. Now I wear my
Cozmo around my waste. There is a company called Unique Accessories
that makes all sorts of things for wearing pumps, everything from tea
shirts, pajamas, things that go around arms and legs and so on. I
have something called a Waist It. It is a soft band of cloth with
velcro on it. I just wrap it around my waste. It has a soft pocket
into which the pump fits. It goes nicely with pants or dresses. I
also tend to use the shorter tubing so there's less of it to fuss
with. I don't tape anything down at all, just stuff it down in
clothing. And many of the newer pumps, including the Prodigy now
feature remotes. So when that comes out, there will not be any need
to fish out a pump and play with menus. I frankly don't know who
thought menus were a good idea in something you try to hide in
clothing anyway. At least my Cozmo, and also the Animas has a nice
quick button on the side which can be felt through clothing. I set
that button so that each press is 5 grams of carbs for me. This way
if I'm guessing anyway, like at a restaurant, I just push the button
through my clothes and off I go.
And my diet is much less restrictive as well.

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407