[Diabetes-talk] wearing your pump

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Fri Mar 4 03:12:59 UTC 2011

My older pumps came with the cutest little shower bags. I'd just hang
them on the shower head and enjoy my shouer. And even when you detach
the pump, you don't always remove the cannula. The only place where
things sometimes got kind of comical was getting out of the shower.
Nothing quite like forgetting the pump is hanging on the shower head
and trying to do that big leap out of the shower! Oops! But this was
kind of necessary in the early days because it was more common to
have tubing that was not detachable from the cannula. Now that most
pumps can be so easily detached and reattached, it's not such a big
deal. Most companies will give their pumps ratings for water up to a
certain depth. But there's plenty of debate and discussion going on
about what is water proof and what is water resistant. So I will
bathe with mine and I have done swimming with it by making a holder
out of netting which I velcroed to my bathing suit. But I haven't
been swimming much lately so it hasn't come up. I am looking forward
to the newer models though.
Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407