[Diabetes-talk] wearing your pump

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Fri Mar 4 18:02:51 UTC 2011

Dar, most pumps have a four-year warranty, except for the Accu-chek
Spirit, which is six. That's how often insurance companies generally
will replace a pump. But I think it would be wise to start with your
health care team to discuss whether or not it's right for you right
now in terms of your diabetes management, not the blindness issues. <grin.>
I was looking around this morning for my copy of the book that the
NFB published back in 1996. While some of the technology has changed,
the basic book was designed to show mostly health care pros how much
we can actually manage on our own as blind people. I wrote the
article on managing insulin pumps. Like I said, much of the
technology is different now, but filling cartridges still happens, at
least for now. <grin.>
This book had a nice title which is escaping me at the moment. Oh no!
Hahahahahaha! I wonder if the NFB still has copies. Now the grand
hunt begins around here for mine! Just because! <grin.> But it was
really well put together and covered lots of different topics.
Too bad there's no way to know where things stand with Prodigy, the
FDA and anybody else involved in the process. I think if I were not
yet on a pump and there was a way to know the talking pump was close,
man, I might just wait a bit and get that. Hey, nothing like a good
fantasy, right?
But good for you for exploring and asking questions. That's the only
way we get the best.

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407