[Diabetes-talk] Wow!!! Guess everyone is awake now???

Lucy.Alexander Mercer Lucy.Alexander.Mercer at tn.gov
Fri Oct 21 13:15:26 UTC 2011

You probably already know this, so forgive me if I'm wasting your time.   Graphics can also be labeled with JAWS.  I think a reader would be required to help identify the graphics.  I do not know the steps for labeling graphics because it has been years since I did this, but when I learned to label them, I labeled all kinds of graphics in my e-mail program and learned that an e-mail was identified by type (telephone message, message, task, etc.) and was "read" or unread".  I never knew those graphics were there and wondered what else I was missing on the computer.  I am not sure but think upgrading might remove the settings unless you could merge settings from one version of JAWS to another.  Labeling graphics is easy and these companies should be doing that.  With all the knowledge out there, I have a hard time believing that these companies cannot write accessible software.  Makes one want to reform a talented hacker putting his/her skills to good use.